Your shopping cart is empty
SHIPPING COST FOR ORDERS OVER €100 IN VALUE 0 €
DELIVERED INSIDE THE EU. Very affordable shipping rates elsewhere.More info at Terms of Delivery
- 849,00 €
- Varies by model
Imagine that you are on the river bank, casting to a fish, shivering in readiness for the take. Suddenly you can feel your line stretching, your rod bends and the energy from the fish surges through your tackle. You are into the fight, as the synapses fire off in your brain the pleasure which every fly fishermen knows so well consumes you, holding you transfixed in the moment. Until you are snapped back to reality as the line breaks or the hook pulls out! This is where our new way comes into play. The drag system that we have designed reduces the required start up inertia by overcoming the breakaway friction as the reel spool begins to spin, alleviating both the shock and the brief delay in allowing line to be dispensed from the reel. This smoother delivery translates into more control at the take and during sudden strong runs.
Let’s wind back and look at the physics. When the fish pulls out line the fly rod bends and what actually happens is that the line, leader and rod are storing this energy. Modern fly reels then convert this stored energy from the fish into heat at the brake system, always with a measurable spike in brake away friction. The technical revelation ‘Einarsson Fly Fishing’ is presenting to the fly fishing world has the ability to store part of the fish-generated energy in the reel system – for the first time ever brake away friction is actually zero. Shock tippet is now actually build in to the reel.
The new brake system ensures that the transition in the brake system is softer* compared to leading brands in the reel market. The system will level out shockwaves during a take or fight, such as those from jumping and head shaking of the fish. This invention allows you to experience more pleasure, through the use of lighter tackle, less snapped leaders and surely more landed fish.
* Measured and documented by the Icelandic Innovation Centre.
- Made in Iceland – All our Invictus reels are engineered and assembled at our factory in Iceland. By monitoring the entire process we uphold our standard of the ‘highest quality’.
- SAB Drag System – The new patented SAB drag system gives you a extremely smooth brake you have never experienced before.
- Made To Last – The design of the mainframe and spool is sturdy. The Invictus was not supposed to be the lightest reel on the market, it was supposed to be among the strongest.
- Type III hard anodizing – All Invictus reels are Type III Hard Anodized. The reason is simple; we know that Type III is the ultimate coating for an outdoor product. Unlike the Type II anodizing used on 99% of all reels made, Type III can be applied to an extreme thickness with a bullet hard coating. All our reels are anodized in one of the most advanced anodizing company in Northern Europe. Type III is in accordance with to DS/EN 12373 Class 1
- Four Sizes – The Invictus is available in four sizes. A size six (6) for single handed and switch rods. Size eight (8) for the heavy single handed or the light double. A size ten (10) for light to medium double handed rods. And then there is the big size twelve (12) for the heavyweight 15' + double handed.
|Model||Capacity||Outside measurements||Weight||Recommended rods|
|Invictus 6||WF8F + 120m 30lb||99×32×54mm||268g||DH & Switch rods #6-8 / SH rods #6-9|
|Invictus 8||WF8F + 150m 30lb||104×32×54mm||306g||DH rods #8-9 / SH rods #8-11|
|Invictus 10||WF10F + 230m 30lb||114×36×62mm||355g||DH rods #9-11 / SH rods #10-12|
|Invictus 12||WF12F + 365m 30lb||124×45×65mm||414g||DH rods #10-12 / SH rods #11-14|
Einarsson Fly Reels